Capacity for Conservation is a free online resource for conservation practitioners to support and manage your organisation. It contains practical methods and an expanding collection of resources through which to assess, develop and monitor your organisation.
Capacity for Conservation believes that building strong conservation organisations is one of the most effective means of making a lasting contribution to conservation. It can be difficult to know which steps to take and what to prioritise when maintaining and strengthening an organisation, especially if there are limited funds to pay for additional support.
This website provides a way for you to access support for free and help guide your organisation to grow, become more resilient and effectively deliver your conservation goals.
Capacity for Conservation can assist you and your organisation to:
- Identify organisational strengths along with areas to develop, within 12 organisational management themes using the organisational assessment;
- Monitor and evaluate your progress by regularly completing this assessment and use the suggested indicators to measure your success;
- Strengthen your organisation with relevant and tested resources for each of the 12 themes;
- Provide structure to help you plan your organisation’s way forward using the Organisational Development Plan; and
- Share your own experience of organisational development with others by writing a brief case study, feedback on existing resources, or upload new ones that you have benefited from for others to use.
Capacity for Conservation is a collaborative project, funded by the Cambridge Conservation Initiative (CCI), Arcadia Fund, MAVA Foundation and the Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF).
Current project collaborators are Fauna & Flora and BirdLife International.
Previous collaborators include Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, Tropical Biology Association, UNEP-WCMC and the University of Cambridge’s MPhil in Conservation Leadership
Non-CCI partners who contributed to the project’s success include Association for the Conservation of Biodiversity of Kazakhstan, Bird Conservation Nepal, Foundation for the Philippine Environment, Nigerian Conservation Foundation, Society for the Conservation of Nature in Liberia, Te Ipukarea Society (Cook Islands), and Ya’axché (Belize).
Want to get involved or know more? Please get in touch!